My Birthday


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Thursday 30 June 2011

OCE with A. Samad Said


Finally… finally after so many years, I managed to get a photo with him. I sat next to him. He has been on my mind ever since in primary school. I met him few times but I never dare to approach him for a photo.

Finally I did. Thanks to NTV7, I got the chance to go for assignment and I got the chance to see him in person again.

I am so happy to have a picture with him Datuk A. Samad Said, the Sasterawan Negara that inspired me a lot from my school days even until today. I got so fascinated and so good in Bahasa Malaysia debate, public speaking and poetry partly because of him. I wanted to be a Sasterawan Negara so badly at one time when i was in Form 2. N I vowed to have a longer beard than him. =p

Today he was intidimated by the police for the Bersih 2.0 demonstration. He has nothing to do with the organizing team but he got ill-treated for reading a poem in the Bersih 2.0 launching.

God will protect good people like Pak Samad. He’s getting older. A lot of wrinkles and white hair. But hey his spirit is still as hard as a rock ok.

If anything bad were to happened to him, I will make sure I fight for him who inspired me all this way, in everyway I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment