My Birthday


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Tuesday 29 December 2009

a drawing and a script

Im actually so lazy to blog, and to even talk to anyone. Just lazy lah..

So what’s up? I need to fold my clothes tonight.

Then, I wana do what I used to do when I was in secondary school – drawing n script writing.

No one really knows I can do that. Haha. I was kind of good in it though. I learnt drawing since Standard 1 n I stopped going to art class when I entered secondary school. My art teacher was Goh Hun Meng back then.

I have this creative gene is me. really. Im just lazy to use n develop it. I used to love to draw. It’s one of the way I express my feelings. Like my sister, I joined a lot of drawing and coloring competitions when I was small. I won a few awards and I made it to the international level. The last time I won a drawing competition was in 2003 if im not mistaken.

After Form 3, I stop drawing. I stop doing anything artsy-fuzzy until I met her. Then I started to draw again. I made cards, drawing n something else that got to do with arts la.

Then I stopped again. But I still keep all my artworks and the drawing materials. It’s all in my ‘museum’ now. My sister take over my ‘role’ now-to participate in drawing and coloring competition. I tell you she’s really good in it. Her room is full with trophies n she won another consolation prize last Sunday.

She’s better 10 times then I. im proud of her. im happy to see her achive so many things at the very young age.

2009 is gona end very soon. So before 2009 bids goodbye, I wana produce one masterpiece. a good one. I know it’s not easy but im ready. I have all the materials. I’ll just sketch it, just black, without colours. The subject is already in my mind. I just need some inspiration, some ilham to move my fingers to put a touch on the drawing paper.

But if I don’t start to even put a line on the drawing paper, the inspiration is not gona come. So yeah I’ll do it. N I’ll finish it, frame it before 30th. It’s urgent actually. Very urgent. This sketch meant a lot for me. who knows if it’s nice, I’ll give it to someone. =p

On the other hand, I used to write script for school plays. I was the script writer, producer, director, narrator n actor in my school plays since form 2 to form 5. After I finished my secondary school, I don’t have chance to that anymore. And I don’t have the people to do that with me.

Form 6 life is different. I was an underdog, a newbie in my form 6 school. So I don’t really feel like doing it. And no platform to do that. But I still act though.

Thanks to Arts-Ed, thanks to Penang Players, thanks to Red Comm and thanks to Ombak-Ombak Arts Studio.

Thanks to them, im still on stage, sometimes on TV as well. Hehe. I love acting. Yes I do, very much. Becoming an actor is one of my ambitions. =p

Now I have the chance to write a script again. I was so happy when someone I know asked me to produce a script for her. I was like haha very funny. I stopped doing it for years. She didn’t give up to encourage n support me to come up with a script.

So…I promised her i'll do it. hahaha! Im glad that someone look high up on me. I already have the themes in mind. im working on the storyline now. she’ll pening because my script is gona be in Bahasa Malaysia, English, Hokkien n Tamil. In Malaysia, it’s hard to produce such play. Usually, the play will either in full Mandarin, English or Bahasa Malaysia language.

The Chinese play will consist of Chinese, the Bahasa Malaysia play will consist of 90% Malays and the English play will usually have a mixed of races but all of them only speak English. So do you see the trend? If u wana involve in a prominent theatre group, u must be good in a language.

But luckily in Penang we have theatre group like Ombak-ombak Arts Studio that use different languages and people from different ethnics in their productions.

Anyway, I have to finish the script befor I go back to Kampar. My bos needs it urgently. Haha.

So let’s work on something that you used to good in.

No comments:

Post a Comment